Aug 3, 2010

Life so far.....

The kids are enjoying their last bit of freedom, but I'm trying to sneak some learning in as well. After all we only have a couple of weeks to the official start of school. Well for us we will be doing a more year round school, but we are saving the majority of the work for the regular school year. AKA Knox County School calender. That makes it a little easier considering their friends are out & they want to play. Right now Lotus is playing with a friend in her room & Killian is off spending a night with a friend.
Sunday we went to church & then heading out to my niece's house which is always a lesson in itself. We looked at frog eggs in the kiddie pool which was really neat & gross. Then we petted chickens & goats. Lotus loved the baby goats that sounded like a baby crying. Killian went on a rattle snake hunt with Scott. Thankfully they didn't find any which surprised me considering they are every where out there. Scott & Killian walked all around the property with a stick poking at bushes. They are very lucky they didn't get stung by bees. However Scott reassured me he was a professional snake hunter.
Yesterday I had to do some errands so Killian chose to stay at home. Surprise, surprise! Lotus of course had to ride along with me. We practiced multiplication tables while waiting in line & talked about the school year. I also spent some more time looking over the science & math curriculum for Killian. Plus I made some changes to both of their curriculum for the year. The kids have really lucked out & have been provided with tons of resources by my Knox County Schools connection. Having friends makes a difference. Having friends who happen to be teachers & support your decision means the world. We are blessed to know such good people who are more the willing to offer whatever they can. That also helps with our homeschooling budget. God is good  & very obviously has his hands in this process. I try to remember that whenever I feel incapable. Not matter what I lack, God more than makes up for.

No comments: