Aug 17, 2010

Todays classroom...

This evening we took a field trip to Ijams nature center. After a long day we needed to get out for awhile & science still needed to be done. So we packed up our nature journals & headed out to explore.

The journal activity was to make 2 list (living & non living), then find things that fit the definition of living & non living. Tomorrow I will go more in depth with them & look at what they put on their list, but tonight was all about exploration.

Luckily for us we found a net that suited our scientific exploration & helped up find snails & many other small creatures.

Plus we made a new friend along the way.

Then we almost lost Scott to the pond. Just kidding, but it was very tempting to push him in.

Afterwards we fit in a little physical education (AKA a walk through the woods).

Which led us to some much needed rest....

I think Killian took it a little too literally.

Right before going to bed Lotus told me that she loved homeschooling & I can honestly say I do too. We are only two days in, but Im loving it. God has truly blessed us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks awesome to me.