Aug 11, 2010

Too much, too little....

For those of us that have never homeschooled it comes as a surpise how many resources are available to homeschoolers. There are classes at co ops, at the zoo, at the aquarium & too many other places to mention. Yet all of these things dont mean much if you dont have the money to pay for them. Of course you dont have to do any of these things to get an education. Heck public schools very seldomly get field trips. Yet I know that these things have something to offer my kids that I cant. Plus its fun! So we have been thinking about ways to earn money as a family. You know kinda of like a fundraiser or something. Something to cover the cost of books, field trips & whatever else comes up. So far we have mentioned selling candy or doing a lemonade stand. Obviously with me being at home with the kids it needs to be something that we can do together. Then I can add it to our lesson plans also. If I were crafty I would start selling the things I make, but sadly I am not. However we have thought about giving candlemaking or soapmaking a whirl, but once again it takes money to get started. I guess we will have to brainstorm a little bit more & then just do it! Perhaps in the near future we may have a sucessful business to go along with our sucessful homeschooling. Hum?! Picture it now........ "Mighty Masters Candles & Soaps". Oh & hot boiled peanuts. Every successful business needs hot boiled peanuts.

No comments: