Aug 7, 2010

Worn out....

Im am tired & Im sure Scott is too. Yesterday we spent the day shopping for school supplies (ie. books, social studies curriculum, grammar books, notebooks, folders,paper, mouse pad & new wireless mouse). All in all with two pairs of shoes we managed to get it in under $160. Not too bad, but there is still some stuff we need to buy. Luckily school clothes arent one of the things we need. Although we will eventually need to get some clothes for the fall. I think that is the one thing that Lotus is hating about not going to school. The girl loves new clothes! However she also loves books, which was proven when she came home to read her book about sea lions. Killian on the other hand could really care less about either. Instead of shopping yesterday he played good grandson & wheeled my mom around so she could shop. I was very proud watching him stand patiently while she looked at books. I was also proud when I awoke yesterday to find Lotus practicing her multiplication tables in her room. I thank God that he gave me such good children, not perfect, but better than most. Ok I went off on a mama love fest. Now back to our day. Well as I was saying we shopped yesterday & later Killian went to a birthday party. A birthday party that he has yet to go to sleep from. So I think that makes it like 36 hours & he is learning a very important lesson on the importance of sleep. Yeah who am I kidding he is in the other room playing games right now. Lotus is helping Scott with some laundry right now & she has been a big help today. Oh yeah thats why were tired. Today we spent all day cleaning out our backroom which will soon be known as the homeschooling area. Right now its half mess & half homeschooling area. My back on the other hand is fully aching so were off to bed. Good night & God bless!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been wondering why all your blogposts on your other blog were weird. Now, I understand. This is a really cool template. How awesome for homeschoolers. It will be so great to have ONE place to keep track of everything. It makes me want to homeschool. :) Now, where is everybody sleeping? :)

Unknown said...

You should add Bay's Mountain in Kingsport to your Field Trip. It has a cool planetarium, barge ride and a bunch of animal habitats. It's very very cheap and one of our kids favorite places to go.